jesse tyler ferguson as neil patrick harris’s understudy.
“Welcome to the 66th annual Tony awards or as we like to call it 50 Shades of Gay.”
Best Musical: Once
Best Book of a Musical: Once, Enda Walsh
Best Original Score (Music and/or Lyrics) Written for the Theatre: Newsies, Music: Alan Menken, Lyrics: Jack Feldman
Best Revival of a Play: Arthur Miller’s Death of a Salesman
Best Revival of a Musical: The Gershwins’ Porgy and Bess
Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role in a Play:
James Corden, One Man, Two Guvnors
Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role in a Play:
Nina Arianda, Venus in Fur
Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role in a Musical:
Steve Kazee, Once
Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role in a Musical:
Audra McDonald, The Gershwins’ Porgy and Bess
Best Performance by an Actor in a Featured Role in a Play:
Christian Borle, Peter and the Starcatcher
Best Performance by an Actress in a Featured Role in a Play:
Judith Light, Other Desert Cities
Best Performance by an Actor in a Featured Role in a Musical:
Michael McGrath, Nice Work If You Can Get It
Best Performance by an Actress in a Featured Role in a Musical:
Judy Kaye, Nice Work If You Can Get It
Best Direction of a Play: Mike Nichols, Arthur Miller’s Death of a Salesman
Best Direction of a Musical: John Tiffany, Once
Best Choreography: Christopher Gattelli, Newsies
Best Orchestrations: Martin Lowe, Once
Best Scenic Design of a Play: Donyale Werle, Peter and the Starcatcher
Best Scenic Design of a Musical: Bob Crowley, Once
Best Costume Design of a Play: Paloma Young, Peter and the Starcatcher
Best Costume Design of a Musical: Gregg Barnes, Follies
Best Lighting Design of a Play: Jeff Croiter, Peter and the Starcatcher
Best Lighting Design of a Musical: Natasha Katz, Once
Best Sound Design of a Play: Darron L West, Peter and the Starcatcher
Best Sound Design of a Musical: Clive Goodwin, Once
Special Tony Award for Lifetime Achievement: Emanuel Azenberg
Regional Theatre Award: The Shakespeare Theatre Company, Washington, D.C.
Isabelle Stevenson Award: Bernadette Peters
Special Tony Award: Actors’ Equity Association
Special Tony Award: Hugh Jackman
Tony Honors for Excellence in the Theatre: Freddie Gershon
Tony Honors for Excellence in the Theatre: Artie Siccardi
Tony Honors for Excellence in the Theatre: TDF Open Doors
May 1 2012 Tony Nominations Announcement Presented by IBM
The moment you’ve been waiting for is almost here! On Tuesday, May 1st, past Tony Award winner Kristin Chenoweth will join Jim Parsons, who’s about to return to Broadway in Harvey, to announce the nominations for the 66th annual Tony Awards.
Catch the announcement LIVE:
· Online at TonyAwards.com (presented by IBM)
· On NY1 Cable
· On “CBS This Morning”
For the second year, the Tony Awards invites you to a special free film series in NYC during the weeks leading up to the June 10 Tony Awards telecast.
If you’re in New York City May 12th or May 13th, please join us at The Paley Center for Media in midtown Manhattan. You’re invited to watch a trio of Broadway-inspired films, plus a panel discussion with past Tony Award-winners, a Carol Channing look-a-like contest, and a sing-a-long with Hugh Jackman performing a classic Rodgers & Hammerstein score.
I must put everything I have to say in bullet form because I can’t not express myself in a paragraph fluidly.
- I want to see How To Suceed, The Book Of Mormon and The Normal Heart SOOO BADLY.
- I think Broadway is having a decent year!
- I love how they used the only good song from Spider man for their performance. And yes I’ve seen Spiderman.
- Daniel Radcliff is so sassy. and spunky. and other words starting with an “s”.
- NEIL PATRICK HARRIS <3 Everything he did was pure gold.
- The Anything Goes performance. The dancers were amazing and on key. But and I’m sorry if any huge Sutton fan is reading this…but she was terrible. Comical actually. I just don’t get why her? There are sooo many talented people out there and to choose Sutton was a mistake in my opinion.
- Sutton did not deserve her award.
- I know it’s not a fashion show but her dress was hideous.
- The fact that B.O.M offred their cd for 1.99 on amazon bc they know that no one can get tickets is hysterical.
- Catch me if you Can was SNUBBED. Ignored to the point of no return.
- Aaron Tveit’s performance should of been longer.
- I love Nobert Leo Butz and he really deserved that Tony but Aaron Tveit’s part is much more demanding then his and it’s against everything that the Tonys stand for that he is ignored. The Tonys is a celebration of people who work above and beyond in theater….so why was Aaron not honored?